Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Community Interaction Proposal

For community interaction aspect of my concept folio I decided to cover the song "Little Boxes" that was originally recorded by Malvina Reynolds in the 1950s. The song's criticism targets the conformity of suburbia. I was going to gather anyone who wants to to sing a line or two of the song and have one person also play the chords to the song on an acoustic guitar (possibly Amy).

In the Showtime series "Weeds", "Little Boxes" is the credit music at the beginning of each episode. I was also going to recreate the beginning credits of the series but using spots around Norton. The show also tackles some themes of Suburbia. (Thanks to Kelley for this idea)

Here is a link to the beginning credits of the television series. Here is the google video link. The video is also below.

2 comments:

  1. I really like your idea.
    If you're lucky, maybe Madeline and I will sing a line or too...since we were awesome at Rockband!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this idea! It definitely different from anything else.

    ReplyDelete